Do you believe it? I didn’t. For like, years. I told others I believed it, but I didn’t – until very recently. I received an amazing gift from a Shaman and I wanted to share my story with you in the hopes that you will realize the truth which is –
“YES! YOU ARE RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!”
I am a highly intuitive Empath and Mindset Coach but my mentor/bestie and friend (who is also an amazing business woman) that I have been lucky enough to know, gave me a very unexpected surprise that changed my life.
If you have ever had a strong desire to achieve something BIG with your life – whether it be Creative (Writer, Photographer, Designer) or Corporate Business Person (Accountant, Engineer or Vice President), or even to save lives, (Doctor, Veterinarian, Military) – whatever you have dreamed – you can be. So they say. But anyone who has been chasing their dreams for even a small amount of time knows that yes, dreams do come true, but they usually take time.
I am a perfectionist and all my life I have wanted to do two things – strengthen my gifts so that I can save people and save horses. I have had an unusual background of Sales and Marketing as well as being an Empath, Animal Communicator and Creative. I am also a Mindset Coach and my super power is that I can see any gaps you may have or places where you have been self-sabotaging – and stop them from happening. I live at 30,000 feet – that is where I am most comfortable and that’s one of my strengths. In other words – I hate being in the weeds – details and I don’t mix well together.
I got out of the Corporate world to “do my own thing”, but money was tight and as they say “it always takes three times longer than you think it will to be successful”. What I didn’t want to happen – happened. I had to go back to work and take a J-O-B! OMG! I can’t even say the word out loud (which was pointed out to be by my Shaman friend.)
One of my other missions is to move to a warmer climate and live near the beach. I have been wanting this for a very long time, and I knew I needed to create some income to make that happen. So I took a J-O-B and by the end of the first week, I felt like I was a complete sell out. I felt like I had given up, not only on myself, but my dreams. I was desperate to FINALLY become that successful Coach and manifest my new reality. Yet here I was, doing something that was mundane and I was in turmoil. Hold on because here is where the Shaman comes in.
The Shaman said “The problem is, that you see yourself as not only selling out, but that all of the “mistakes” you have made, took you off path – but you will see in a short time that life does not make mistakes. Everything you have learned, from every job that you liked or didn’t like, will all work in unison, to give you the experiences that you need to serve others in a greater way! You are ON PATH, you should not look at those experiences as mistakes but as lessons learned. In other words, you are right where you are supposed to be!” “Sure doesn’t feel like it” I said. “But you are!” she said. “Every experience alters your perceptions and changes you – you are not the same person the first day of a new job to the day you leave it – your values, perceptions, knowledge all change. Each experience will raise your vibration, so never look at experiences as mistakes – you are acquiring knowledge.”
So for everyone in the room who may be like me – this is how I felt: I am in a J-O-B that is not really contributing or doing anything important in the world. What’s worse is I am now off track and feel like I am getting farther away from my dreams than closer to them. I want to control things (especially my own life) and when it feels like someone else has taken the wheel, I get confused and unhappy. Until it hit me – get ready here is the reveal!
The best way you can help someone is to have walked in their shoes and been where they are now – only you are a few steps ahead of them and have figured out what works – so you can express it to them. For example: I struggled for many years trying to figure out why I wasn’t happy in a corporate job. The reason, was because I was not using my Creative skills – at all. I was doing something I didn’t want to do, felt it was a waste of time AND was unable to do what made my heart sing. If I had NEVER gone through that experience of really trying to understand why I wasn’t happy – I would not be able to communicate that message/experience/feeling to another person.
Because I have been where you may be now – in a job that makes you unhappy, feeling stuck, or you are not using your gifts – I can authentically and emphatically tell you “I UNDERSTAND – I have been where you are and I know how to get you to a happier place – I have the map you are looking for”. See? So here are 5 things you can do right now my if you are in that place.
- FIND WHAT YOU LOVE TO DO. What are you good at? What is a gift that you love to use that you are NOT using now? What is so easy for you that others tell you they wish they could do what you do – because for them it’s hard, for you it’s easy as pie. Hint: No matter how old you are – it is NEVER to late to find your passion. Don’t give up – without it – life is meaningless.
- KNOW THAT YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT PATH – In fact, you can never get off path and life is going to help you along – even when you feel like it isn’t going your way, it is all going according to plan.
- Most importantly (and this is something I’m still working on) LET GO!!!!! Let go of trying to control everything. Let go and know that you are in the right place and nothing in your life (people, jobs, experiences, lessons, losses, happiness) is for naught. All of it are tools for your toolkit.
- TRUST YOURSELF! You are an infinite being and are more powerful than you realize. When you think you can’t go any further – you have another 40% left in the tank (that’s what the Navy Seals say – the 40% Rule – so I’m going with it!). You are strong, wise and can do anything you set your mind to. Don’t sell yourself short – TRUST YOURSELF and
- NEVER GIVE UP! No matter how long it takes, no mater what you want to accomplish – keep on reaching for it. Map out a plan, make it a mission and let nothing stand in your way.
Tell me where you are, what you want to accomplish and one small (or giant) step that you can take to start you on your way. If you have been on your journey and feel you may have backtracked, don’t be disheartened. Keep that idea in your mind, make it your mission and hatch a plan to get back on track. What are two steps you can take to move you closer towards reaching your goal?